Mental Health and/or Other Addiction(s) ► Research Gaps
The following research gaps are included in CAN-ADAPTT's guideline and have been approved by the Guideline Development Group (GDG).
· NRT to assist with reducing to quit, high dose off label use and combination NRT in this population.
· Safety and efficacy of varenicline in this patient population.
· Efficacy of free pharmacotherapy for smoking cessation in psychiatric patients including those currently taking psychiatric medication.
· Monitoring for consequences of long-term use of smoking cessation medication.
· Whether approaches or interventions should be tailored to different levels of mental health and addiction services (e.g. Crisis, first psychosis, etc.).
· Establish the efficacy and safety of concurrent or sequential quitting of tobacco use in addiction treatment settings.
Contribute a Research Gap
If you would like to contribute to the research gaps for this guideline section, click on [edit this page] below and then click the 'save and close' icon when you have completed your changes. You must be logged in to contribute to this page. Please register or sign in via the links at the top right side of this page.
Note that the following research gaps have been contributed by CAN-ADAPTT network members and have not been reviewed or approved by the Guideline Development Group (GDG).
Contribute using the CAN-ADAPTT wiki below: