***Application period is now closed***
We invite CAN-ADAPTT network members to submit applications to sit on the Guideline Development Group (GDG) to contribute to the development of the pharmacotherapy section of the clinical practice guideline.
CAN-ADAPTT is specifically targeting healthcare providers who prescribe smoking cessation medication. Additionally, CAN-ADAPTT is seeking the involvement of a researcher with expertise in smoking cessation medication.
Expectations of GDG members
Guideline development group members contribute to the development of the guideline through reviewing summaries of the evidence, drafting guideline recommendations and clinical considerations, and reviewing the guideline draft to provide feedback and edits. Members’ varied professional backgrounds, practice settings, and geographical locations, ensure that insights and perspectives from stakeholders and future users are considered during development, and are incorporated into all stages of guideline development. Members of the guideline development group are not expected to be experts in critical appraisal or have previous experience developing guidelines, and will receive the necessary training in these areas.
Tasks (in conjunction with other members of the guideline development group):
· Participate in full-day workshop on guideline development.
· Review GRADE tables and draft specific clinical recommendations at in-person meeting.
· Provide input into rationale and clinical considerations for recommendations. In some cases, members may be asked to volunteer to assist in the writing of the clinical considerations.
· Review guideline draft and provide feedback and edits.
· Review comments from external reviewers and provide input into how to best address and incorporate feedback.
· Suggest tools and resources to support guideline recommendations.
· Expected time commitment will include the equivalent of approximately 3 days of meetings (including a 2-day mandatory workshop scheduled for December 6-7, 2011 in Toronto) as well as 1 days worth of independent work. Click here to view a complete meeting schedule.