Hospital Based Populations ► Tools and Resources
The following tools/resources are included in CAN-ADAPTT's guideline and have been reviewed by the Guideline Development Group (GDG).
· The University of Ottawa Heart Institute (UOHI) has been operating a clinical smoking cessation program for the Ottawa community since the 1990s. In 2002, UOHI smoking cessation experts developed the OMSC – an institutional inpatient program that systematically identifies, provides treatment, and offers follow-up to all admitted smokers.
· Three Centres of Excellence for Clinical Smoking Cessation established:
* New Brunswick's Horizon Health Network in Eastern Canada;
* Vancouver Coastal Health in British Columbia, and;
· An intervention program for patients on surgical waiting lists in British Columbia. SSBS aims to deliver resources, such as referrals to the provinces’ QuitNow Services, to smokers during the critical period when they are preparing for surgery.
· Ontario's Anaesthesiologists’ Stop Smoking for Safer Surgery is a province-wide patient awareness campaign about the benefits of stopping smoking prior to surgery.
Contribute a Tool/Resource
If you would like to contribute a tool/resource to CAN-ADAPTT's database, please click 'add new item' below. You must be logged in as a member to contribute a tool. Please register or sign in via the links at the top right side of this page.
Note that the following tools have been contributed by CAN-ADAPTT network members and have not been reviewed or approved by the Guideline Development Group (GDG). Tools contributed below will only be visible on the English website, please visit the French side of the website to view additional tools.
|There are no items to show in this view of the "Tools: Hospital Based Populations" list.|
Hospital Based Populations