Counselling and Psychosocial Approaches ► Tools and Resources
The following tools/resources are included in CAN-ADAPTT's guideline and have been reviewed by the Guideline Development Group (GDG).
· Comprehensive online quit smoking service with access to counselling, self-assessments, medication guide, international community, and forums
· This clinic offers service to smokers and tobacco users who want to quit or reduce their tobacco use. It also provides specialized treatment services for smokers who are pregnant and for people with other substance use issues, chronic mental illness and serious health concerns.
· Online tool to calculate the cost of smoking.
· A tool designed to facilitate a discussion between care providers and patients/clients about the pros and cons of substance use.
· A validated tool for assessing initial dosing of NRT patches.
· These pages provide background information on the practice of Motivational Interviewing.
· This guide will help individuals prepare and take action to successfully stop smoking.
One Step at a time Series (Canadian Cancer Society)
· Free online course
· Cessation module deals with the complexities of quitting smoking, the roles that nicotine addiction and motivation play in the quitting process, and best practices for smoking cessation.
PREGNETS: The 5A’s Tool
· Tobacco Users Willing To Quit: The "5 A's," Ask, Advise, Assess, Assist, and Arrange, are designed to be used with the smoker who is willing to quit.
· Tobacco Users Unwilling to Quit: The "5 R's," Relevance, Risks, Rewards, Roadblocks and Repetition, are designed to motivate smokers who are unwilling to quit.
- Program Training and Consultation Centre (PTCC)
· Online information and training on brief tobacco interventions for health professionals. Variety of minimal contact tobacco trainings available. Free of charge.
· Canadian Pharmacists Association resource.
· Q.U.I.T. is a continuing education program, available in both live and online formats, that trains pharmacists to expand their role in patient care and offer smoking cessation services in their pharmacy.
Fax Referral form
Contribute a Tool/Resource
If you would like to contribute a tool/resource to CAN-ADAPTT's database, please click 'add new item' below. You must be logged in as a member to contribute a tool. Please register or sign in via the links at the top right side of this page.
Note that the following tools have been contributed by CAN-ADAPTT network members and have not been reviewed or approved by the Guideline Development Group (GDG). Tools contributed below will only be visible on the English website, please visit the French side of the website to view additional tools.
|There are no items to show in this view of the "Tools: Counselling and Psychosocial Approaches" list.|
Couselling and Psychosocial Approaches